Sunday, April 18, 2010

Angels in heaven and on earth

Katie, Tyra and Cooper after dinner Sunday with birthday cake from Betty and Jim

I am 38 today, and I have to admit that I've been dreading the day for a while. Steve and I tried to make every day special, but birthdays together were extra special. (Except for my birthday in the first year of our marriage -- that's another story for another day.)

The weekend has been much easier than I expected, though, because of the angels who surround me every day -- Steve, of course, and the truly awesome group of friends and family members who embrace me, Cooper and Katie.

Thank you to all of you who called, visited, sent cards and gifts, left Facebook notes and treated me like a queen. It's as if Steve were whispering in your ears.

No comments: