Friday, November 4, 2022

54 Acts of Kindness (1)

Thanks to everyone who has been celebrating Steve's memory today! Here are some acts of kindness on this #dammkind day.

From Stuart in Rowlett:

Donation to the North Texas Food Bank

***

From Bindu in Frisco:

Today we honored Amier, who regularly drives my parents to my dad’s physical therapy appointments.  My dad is especially fragile with Parkinson’s disease.  Amier treats them with such dignity, care and compassion.  I know they’re in good hands even when I can’t be there.


We gave a few goodies to Amier and for his 2 year old son, whom he hasn’t seen since birth (he’s in Sudan)— goodies will be traveling to Sudan with their relatives soon. 


Thank you for the nudge towards kindness.  And for showing that grief can coexist with beauty. 


***

From Shari in McKinney:

It’s my favorite day!  I’m blessing some folks at Starbucks!  Tipping my favorite baristas in McKinney and paying it forward to a few coffee lovers!  ❤️❤️❤️


Thinking of y’all today!  


Sending hugs!


***

From Erica in Aubrey:

I dropped off a gift card to my neighbor. She has been struggling with her husband working nights. She often gets uncomfortable. Left encouragement for her.


***

From Rae in Carrollton:

Met the nicest lady, Sheryl, who was so appreciative I bought her groceries and she says it’s always tight at this time of month. We talked quite a lot about Steve and your family while checking out! She lost a son at 52.


***

From Kathy in Carrollton:

In memory of Steve: Aldi gift cards passed out to Aldi customers this morning. I love that you help us to remember to be kind to one another.

***

From Pri in Frisco:

I made sure that I gave the person that loaded my groceries from Walmart a 5 star. Usually I never do and these small things make a big difference in their lives.  I'm so thankful for this day where we are consciously making efforts to be kind.

***

From Navin in Frisco:

In honor of Mr.Damm for the 54 acts of kindness, I will be saying thanks to people that help me in my daily life and help in any way I can. I hope we can make the world a better place and truly honor Mr. Damm.

***


From Holly in Dallas:

For teachers and volunteers at the Mommy and Me “Power Hour” class. #dammkind
*Someone had heard of Damm Kind from a podcast you were on!

***



From Jen in Frisco:

Started the day with goodies for colleagues

No comments: