Sunday, November 6, 2022

54 Acts of Kindness (4)




From Heather in McKinney:

I knew of Tyra for many years before I actually met Tyra. We have some friends in common and I prayed for Tyra, Steve, and their family many times during his battle with cancer.
I first actually met Tyra in person maybe about 4 years ago - we work for the same department in our district. I’m so glad I’ve gotten to know her a little better through the last several years and always come away from an interaction with her smiling.
Steve’s birthday was today and to honor his birthday, I took part in the Damm family’s 54 acts of kindness. I always give my check total as a tip on Steve’s birthday and today I also delivered lunch to a teacher friend.
Our boss got in on the action as well- gifting each of us who report to him one of our items from our favorites list.
Thank you Tyra, for encouraging me to be #dammkind.

***

From Janet in Frisco:

The Kelleher family made a donation to Refresh Frisco in memory of Steve.

***

From Katrina in Oslo:

The Watland/Woody family made a donation to the North Texas Food Bank in memory of Steve.

***



From Melissa in San Antonio:

We donated in Steve's name to one of our favorite local non-profit organizations--Serenity Star Recovery, which runs 2 amazing pay-what-you-can restaurants, Comfort Cafe, staffed by recovering addicts and alcoholics in their program. We will also be dropping off toiletries, socks, blankets, etc. for their residents when they're open.

***


From Debbie in Frisco:

To honor Steve’s memory, my grandson Jake and I passed out Walmart gift cards to shoppers yesterday and told them we were spreading kindness.

***


From Bertha in Frisco:

In honor of Steve Damm and 54 Acts of Kindness #dammkind. — three bags of clothes donated to victims of tornado damage in Idabel, Oklahoma.

***


From Melane in Howe:

I joined family and friends of someone who suddenly passed away about a year ago to pick up trash Sunday. This was rescheduled to today because of Friday's rain. 


***

From Katie in Frisco:

We left money and a note in honor of Steve in our hotel room when we checked out.

***






From the Damms in Frisco:

Some of our 54 Acts of Kindness included:
  • Painting 54 rocks and delivering them around our community
  • Baking and delivering cookies to my physical therapy clinic and our hair salon
  • Giving chocolate to Reedy teachers and internship bosses
  • Delivering donuts to Hosp staff and Reedy counselors
  • Giving a generous tip at Best Thai, one of our favorite restaurants

No comments: