Saturday, November 5, 2022

54 Acts of Kindness (3)


From Sherry in Frisco:

Three of my friends lost their spouses this year and we reached out to them. We took one to lunch today and shared how you celebrate Steve’s birthday each year. She was very touched. We had a lovely meal and shared the 54 Acts of Kindness card with our waiter as well and surprised him with a generous tip. This is a special friend who volunteers at the YMCA in Frisco. It was Nikita’s birthday this past week and Jerry gave him this Sweatshirt. Nikita loves Winston Churchill and requested sweatshirt and a picture together today!

***

From Erin in Coppell:

I was not able to fully participate due to being under the weather, but I did go out and purchased breakfast burritos for my husband and his hunting buddies who were headed out really early this morning to go deer hunting.

***

From Suzanne in Garland:

Gave a big tip to my favorite Sonic person and thanked her for always being kind!

***









From Jasmine in Frisco:

I've been busy today with 54 Acts of Kindness 😅💚

I went to Annie's to get macaroons for my coworkers this morning around 10:10 am but the store was closed and it says they opens at 11.

Oh No!! I need those macaroons for my 54 Acts of Kindness! I saw workers in the dark and knocked on the door.
"Please! I'm so sorry but can I just buy macaroons?"

She was so nice and let me in and buy those yummy macaroons. So I gave Starbucks cards to two workers and explained about Steve's 54th birthday and I was tearing up..so embarrassed 😅 so I almost ran away 🤣

Then I went to work, DKnet Radio station and delivered macaroons to my coworkers and talked about Steve's legacy.

Also I gave a Starbucks card to the producer Mr. Joo.

On the way home I got some flowers and succulents from Market Street and I was soaked in the rain. I delivered cute succulents to my friend Sookie who was sick this week and left flowers to my friend Tyra Damm's front door.

Lastly I gave flowers to my new friend Soo who was visiting my house today.

What a lovely day with so much celebration in memory of Steve 💜

*** 

From Ray in Frisco:

A donation to the American Brain Tumor Association

*** 


From Maggie in Frisco:

Said a special “thank you” to the most amazing nurses at Medical City Plano! It felt great to be #dammkind to the folks who’ve gotten us through some rough times!

*** 


From Kinsley in Frisco:

I really enjoyed celebrating Damm Kind Day. I can see why it means so much to you. This year for Damm Kind Day we went to Sonic and generously tipped the person who came out to our car. We also went to Starbucks and paid for the people behind us. I enjoyed brightening up a persons day with a simple act of kindness. I think this really affects or can affect the community in the long run. I'm sorry about your husband Steve. He seems like he would be a really great guy. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you have a wonderful day.

*** 

From Julianne in Frisco:


We made a donation to MD Anderson tonight designated for cancer research in memory of both Steve and Debbie’s sister, Sherry.  Praying one day that they will find a cure for all forms of cancer!


*** 


From Beth in Richardson:


Lunch today with my amazing work team. I bought the drinks in honor of Steve Damm and 54 Acts of Kindness. (Today was also my mom’s birthday. We toasted to them both.) Spread love where you can, y’all.


*** 


From Addie in Plano:


We celebrated Steve’s birthday by donating books to nearby little libraries.  




No comments: