Tuesday, November 6, 2018

50 Acts of Kindness (14)


Cooper, Katie and I have celebrated for a few days. We gave teachers and special people in our lives gift cards for coffee, stocked the Pearson staff restrooms with nice soap, treated Reedy counselors to doughnuts, paid for breakfast for a stranger, cooked and delivered dinner for a friend enduring breast cancer treatment, baked cookies and pumpkin bread for loved ones and neighbors, gave mechanical pencils to classmates, left a generous tip at lunch, surprised a server with a gift card, delivered flowers for a friend undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer, surprised a dog with a cute toy, plus a little extra (kind) mischief here and there.

We can't thank you all enough for supporting us in this celebration each year. Cooper and Katie don't have many memories of their daddy, but they have the most joyful memories of his birthday. And I am overwhelmed when I think of the thousands of people who have received an extra smile, extra help or an unexpected gift because of your generosity and willingness to keep Steve's legacy alive.










***

From Debbie in Frisco:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, child and text


***

From Aunt Debby on Whidbey Island, Wash.:

Livi & I dropped off a few of Steve’s cards with a little cash in them at a local bus stop.
One lady said you don’t have to do this, I answered oh yes I do. 😁 A gentleman says nobody does this, nobody, I said oh yes they do❣️

No automatic alt text available.

***

From Mary:

In memory of your late husband, Steve, I gave these water bottles to my daughter, Natalie.

She volunteers at Stark State College's free pantry for students. She collects donations and the pantry is open to students (to get products they are in need of). It was a small gesture, but they were in need of water bottles.

I am so inspired by your activism in honor of your late husband. It's so  gratifying to be able to pay it forward.


***

From Christina in Frisco:

We dropped cookies off for the people who were working at the voting polls! Happy birthday, Steve! ❤️
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and child

***

From Aunt Marilyn in Charlottesville, Va.:

In memory of Steve and his 50th birthday, I took a large latte to a friend housebound by vertigo. I also took a case of dog food and some other supplies to our local SPCA and finished off by making a donation to the food bank in honor of Tyra Damm, whose loving heart created this wonderful #DammKindcelebration 💝

***

From Debbie in Frisco:

Went to the Russell Stover Chocolate Factory & bought chocolates for my co-workers who work tirelessly every day supporting our mission to help Brain Injury patients. ❤️❤️❤️


***

From a Market Street employee on Sunday:

Hi, did you by chance buy groceries at market street today? If so I wanted to thank you for your act of kindness (Starbucks gift card) with the note attached. I had a chance to read the note when I got back inside and I wanted to just say thank you and that I am terribly sorry for your loss! We lost a good family friend last week from cancer so this came at a perfect time

No comments: