Wednesday, November 4, 2020

52 Acts of Kindness (9)

A friend:

Ok, friend. Here is what your dear husband inspired in me. A braver, more generous heart to be sure. Honestly, Dammkind was the catalyst for me to get out of my own way and just be more vulnerable with my giving.  I was hooked after that first gesture, and this year, I decided to start early. So I’ve been making these little treasures to give to colleagues. I don’t think people are used to this kind of thing so it’s super fun to just do it out of the blue. 






***

Stuart in Rowlett:

$100 to North Texas Food Bank in memory of Steve Damm

***

Sarah and John in Richardson:

Donation to the North Texas Food Bank

***

Katrina in Frisco:

We made a donation to the NTFB on 11/4th in memory of Steve. And the really exciting part is that the donation will be tripled because of a matching gift! 

***

Amy in Dallas:

Last night:

Left a children’s book on a bench outside of Howdy Homemade Ice Cream and Village Burger Bar. I saw this idea in your earlier 
posts...love it


Have a friend struggling with the political climate, so I created a custom online jigsaw puzzle to keep her mind busy when she has some downtime. 


Ran out this evening to spread some more kindness.

First stop:
Delivered coconut mojitos to the front porches of old friends we haven’t seen in awhile. 


Then to Trader Joe’s in Inwood Village:

- A few weeks ago, the Trader Joe’s staff did something unexpected for me when I found out a friend had passed while I was checking out. I decided to repay their act of kindness with a donation in their honor to “Okay to Say”—a public awareness campaign to destigmatize mental illness. We left them a card with a #DammKind tag. 

- We purchased some bouquets of sunflowers and handed them out to shoppers. (Regretfully, we didn’t get photos of the flowers.)

***

Melissa in San Antonio:

I brought cookies & treats to my new neighbors & became a sustaining donor to PBS so far! 

***

Stephanie in Frisco:

We have been looking forward to celebrating Mr. Damm’s life and legacy at home tonight. We cleaned out bedroom and coat closets and look forward to dropping off donations tomorrow. 


***

Nancy in Dallas:

I brought a new picture book ("For Spacious Skies") with me to the dog park where I walked my dog, and when I saw a young girl walking her dog with her parents, I asked her parents’ permission to give her the book and the #DammKind 52 Acts of Kindness card. I told them about Steve. They were happy with the book and happy to give me a chance to be kind for Steve. Thank you for honoring Steve this way every year. Love to the whole #DammKind family. 🎂❤️

***

Kelli in Frisco:


Made a donation to Refresh Frisco in Steve’s name. 🎂 Hugs to you, Cooper and Katie🥰


*** 

Heather in Frisco:

Was not my original plan for today, but I didn’t want the day to go by without showing some unexpected kindness.... Hope this little surprise brought a smile to our Chuy’s waitress tonight.


Look forward to catching up on all the love being spread around the world in the name of Steve. :)

No comments: