Tuesday, November 5, 2019

51 Acts of Kindness (10)

A veteran student shared a lovely story with me this morning that has encouraged me all day. She was at basketball practice in Plano. After practice, a coach from another team approached her and complimented her work on the court and encouraged her. He then gave her a 51 Acts of Kindness card. She told him that she knows me, and he replied that he doesn't know our family but was the recipient of an act of kindness last year and wanted to pay it forward.

***

From Angie in Frisco:

This lady is always ready to help anyone in need and makes me laugh every time I see her. Treasa Costello is one of a kind and she’s #dammkind


***

From Nicole in Frisco:

Had a lot of fun buying dinner and drinks for a few Cowboys fans even though my Giants lost. So great you share this with us. Thank you. 😘😘

***

From Kathy of Carrollton in Charleston, S.C.:

This morning a young man in the local grocery store in Charleston, SC walked around the store with me to help me find an item. He was very helpful and so kind - I gave him a gift card for the store and told his manager about my experience. I also gave him the #Dammkind paper with the explanation. Thank you for encouraging us to look for ways to share kindness.

***

From Kristy in Frisco:

>Gave a person a free BK Whopper >Several thank you and thinking about you notes/cards sent >Donated 1 coat, 2 hoodies, 3 sweaters

***

From Amanda in Frisco:

Paid it forward at the concession stand last night #Dammkind


***

From Lori in Frisco:

I gave pro-bono sessions at work today. 

***

From Ashley in Frisco:

Bouquets and notes of gratitude for the therapists at Envision Hope.



***

From Kimberly in Frisco:

We paid for another table at La Hacienda Ranch. Turns out the ladies were school counselors from East Texas. ðŸ˜Š


***

From Lauren in Frisco:

Paid for someone’s starbucks order in the drive through today, made and passed out multiple earring gifts to co workers, wrote notes and passed out candy to some students today! Also received all the kindness today from students and the local coffee place! Strive to be kind every single day!! Happy Birthday, Steve Damm. It has been an honor to work with your wife and to have taught one of your kids! #dammkind #teenagerscare#changingtheworld





No comments: