Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coming spring

"No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn."
-- Hal Borland 


I noticed these tulip sprouts in our front beds today. The timing is perfect.

I'm fighting a cold and am unusually tired. Being sick -- even just a little bit -- without Steve makes me feel a little sorry for myself. Yes, I can brew my own tea and pour my own juice and heat soup on my own. And, yes, I could let someone else do it for me. But I what I really want is Steve here to do one or all of those things, to call and check on me from the office, to send a silly text or e-mail to make me laugh.

These sprouts, springing from bulbs I planted on Steve's 41st birthday, are sweet reminders of the seasons of life and God's generosity and a much bigger world outside my own.

No comments: