1. If you are on Facebook, I hope you've had time to visit the 44 Acts of Kindness event page. Click here to see the 240+ generous folks who have already committed to performing at least one act of kindness on Nov. 4.
2. If you need ideas on what to do, here are just a few suggestions from creative people last year:
- Treat a stranger to a coffee or meal
- Buy subway cards and give them to tourists
- Give an extra-large tip to a hard-working waiter
- Pay for the toll for the car behind you
- Take treats to a fire station
- Donate pet items to an animal shelter
- Leave change taped to a vending machine
- Leave dollar bills taped to a RedBox machine
- Visit a nursing home; take handmade cards
- Hand out bottles of water to people who need them
- Let people get in front of you in line at the store
- Donate blood
- Buy a book for your child's classroom
- Help a neighbor with yard work
- Give flowers to someone who usually goes unnoticed
3. When you give your gift, consider attaching the note above, which will explain the special day. Click here to for a link that makes it easy to print.
4. Please send an email or text to share your good news! I'll be reporting here on the blog throughout the day Sunday. You can reach me at email@example.com and 972-489-4344.
Thank you all so much for participating and spreading kindness!