Friday, November 4, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 1)

In memory of Steve and honor for Tyra, Cooper & Katie, I picked up 44 newspapers and placed on the front porch in the Mill Valley neighborhood during my early morning walk of the dogs.  No picture (thank goodness!) just lots of good thoughts coming your way!


***


My name is Lisa and I've been following your blog for quite awhile.  My Mother died of cancer when I was 18 and your beautiful writing has always inspired me.

Yesterday, I hand wrote a card explaining the 43 acts of kindness and shared the link to your blog. This morning I purchased a hot mocha (perfect cold morning here in MN) for the lady behind me and asked the cashier to give her the card. As I drove away, I glanced over to see the cashier and the lady in the car talking and you could see they were both smiling.

What a great way to start my birthday weekend :)



***




G baked her teacher a muffin (with my help) and wrote her a note all by herself that said, "I'm really glad you're my teacher because I can read now. I love you a lot."

And we put our "Steve note" with the muffin and note.

Man, is our Friday fun so far!!!!!



***


Someone delivered bagels for the special education team at Bledsoe Elementary.


***


I bought breakfast for next person in line at Corner Bakery ... Love to the Damm Family.


***




My sweet friends Julianne Amezcua and Leslie Wright shared your blog with me and this was our act of Kindness today. My little girls, Campbell and Avery, decided to make cookies for our mail lady. We left them in our mailbox for her this morning.


***


In memory of Steve, I paid for coffee and breakfast for the man behind me in the drive thru line at Dunkin Donuts. I had the cashier give him the card you created to explain.


***


Kathryn Tess and I are going to donate clothes in honor of Steve today. I'm writing this in Tess's baby journal, I want to do this every year with her. Of the many things we want our child to learn is to be is kind, thoughtful and generous to others.


***
Gifts from one teacher to her entire kindergarten team:




***


Yesterday, we acted early and brought our hard-working swim coaches ice-cold bottles of water. (We don't attend practice today.) They work each day in a hot, humid, dark pool and somehow manage upbeat attitudes and happy faces with the kids. We're so appreciative of them!

We plan to contribute more later today ...

***


The boys are taking flowers and thank you notes to their teachers today. 

***


Kyle is taking chips & salsa this morning to his football coaches for a Friday snack. 


No comments: