Saturday, November 5, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 13)


Paying it forward at Mickey d's in Forney! This is lovanzar the ups man I bought breakfast for... What a blessing to have the opportunity to share someone's legacy... Happy birthday Steve!



***

I just finished making cookies to take to Tara's studio group where all the studious architects-to-be work all day and all night! Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles. :)



***

My daughter and I picked up trash in the common area around our neighborhood after school today.

***

I was a coupon fairy...left coupons on products at the store for others to use.

***

Paid for the person behind me at the drive thru and gave our kids preschool teachers Starbucks gift cards. Great idea....have never met Steve or you, but have kept up with you and your family on the blog. I'm good friends with Laura Healy. Thinking of you today.

***

Tyra, I thought you'd want to know that in addition to my official Act of Kindness, I'm also laying out a double truck today, for Steve and his love of the term "double truck."

***

The kids are donating their 200-plus box top collection to a grandmother who works at Kroger to give to her grandson. She had told me a few weeks ago that his school (in an underprivileged area) give the kids credit for what they bring in to purchase school supplies. She was off yesterday and has not come in yet today but are hoping to catch her tonight :-)  We also bought McDonalds for the car behind us!  

Such a good feeling to give and especially in Steve's honor. The kids loved seeing the people smiling in the car behind us as they read the note.


***

There is a small karate studio in the East Dallas neighborhood where I live and they were having a fundraiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital yesterday. All these sweet little kids in their karate uniforms waving homemade signs and not getting much of a response (this is a pretty poor neighborhood). I dropped 20.00 in their basket and they were so excited, you would have thought I had written them a check for 1000.00 dollars.

***

I sent the crocheted afghan in the picture (along with a Steve card) to a college student. She is a freshman and in need of some extra kindness.


***

For our act of kindness in honor of Steve, my kids and I baked cookies for our postal worker.  Then Andrew decided he wanted to give some to his baseball coach today.  What a wonderful memory we have made!  Happy Birthday Steve!!





***

I'm Amy Randle, Jana Shilson's sister.  I saw some friends post on Facebook about the Random Acts of Kindness in memory of your husband, and I couldn't resist the urge to participate.  Although I don't know you personally, my heart breaks for the suffering you and your family have and continue to endure.  I fought tears the entire way to Starbucks as I thought about you. My act of kindness was to pay for the person's coffee behind me. Jana passed along the notes they used for their acts at Bledsoe, so I printed one out and passed it along.  Please know that even miles away in Ozark, Missouri, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: