Friday, November 4, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 4)

I bought breakfast today for a woman and her two children at the bagel shop. Told her your story, Tyra, and what you hoped to accomplish with this wonderful gift in honor of your husband. She was so inspired she bought the couple behind her their breakfast! And promised to spread the word among her friends and family.


***


Just picked up the tab for the folks behind me in line at Starbucks. The cashier was familiar with your brilliant initiative although she doesn't know you - apparently others have been up there doing it this am.


***


We sent a bag of food to a single mother in need and helped her obtain vehicle repairs.


***


Mary brought hot chocolate to the crossing guards... they had already been given two other treats. What a neat day. 


***


We helped a 49 year old Grandma whose daughter is in jail. She is raising her 3 year old grandson alone on a very small salary and now has been diagnosed with Cancer. We made her a chemo care package for today's treatment and bought all her Grandson's gifts for her to put away from her or whomever for Christmas. She cried and was touched by your card and Steve's life. I know Steve is proud!


***


I just bought the coffee for the car behind me in line at Starbucks and picked up an extra treat for my boss who's been extra stressed out.

Thanks for reminding us that it's the little things in life that can go a long way.



***


Just took hot chocolate to our sweet crossing guards @ Lebanon & Timber Ridge. Happy Birthday Steve.


***


I thought of Steve when I was at Arbys...
Arby's® is partnering with Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry® Campaign to help end childhood hunger in America by 2015. Join us in the fight and help us reach our goal of raising $1 million by the end of 2011. I donated $10 while thinking of how much Tyra and the kids miss Steve. I had my 8 year old daughter with me and I told her the story of Steve and his family. She then took $2 of her money and donated it too for Steve.



***


Delivered these yesterday. Looking forward to today...Happy Birthday Steve.



***

Picking up a coworker so she doesnt have to ride the shuttle bus in the rain to work:) Praying and celebrating Steve's life!

***

I am so happy to do this in celebration of Steve. I gave 2 high schools fabric from my sewing room for the their Life Skills classes. 

***

Breakfast on me for the car behind me this morning at the McDonald's drive thru.

No comments: