Friday, November 4, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 3)

We heard about a holiday food drive here on Maui, so we put together a donation in honor of Steve and his amazing family!


***


Dropped off a bucket of bagels and cream cheese (and Steve's card) at the Bedford police station this morning. 


***


We had an act of kindness bestowed upon us by our wonderful neighbor, Wendy Naumann. On Halloween Adam, Matt and Wendy set up their smartly made Angry Bird set outside their home and allowed trick or treaters to use Angry Bird bean bags to attempt to knock them over. My kiddos were there forever. I have just found the whole set, bean bags and all, on my doorstep. Thank you sweet Wendy! The kids will be thrilled!


***


I left a Starbucks gift card on the windshield of the car parked next to me at Target!


***


I bought the person behind me in line their Dunkin Donuts order today. It was a gloomy morning here in NY too. Spreading the message of your wonderful family & Steve's memory is so inspiring!! Thinking of everyone participating today!!


***


After GMB went to the Starbucks at Teel/Main and bought breakfast to a Men in Uniform. The team at Starbucks picked up the tab for his coffee (would not let me do so) but I went ahead and encouraged him to get breakfast (for which I paid for). Told him not to thank me but to remember Steve Damm and pray for his wife Tyra Damm, and their children Cooper and Katie; and gave him copy of your note!


***


Sending Jacob's teacher a Thank you! And picking up all the trash I see!!


***


I'm going to buy burgers for the disk golf high school kids that practice on the grounds of the shelter where I work :)


***


The kids and I will be delivering these muffins to a new neighbor and another that has had a rough couple of weeks. Then they will be taking their money from the tooth fairy and donating it to the Ronald McDonald House.




***


Donating money in Steve's name today to Dog and Kitty City to help feed the homeless animals this no-kill shelter houses. Happy birthday, Steve.


***


Just brought the amazing staff at Bledsoe a sonic drink to celebrate Steve Damm's birthday!





No comments: