Saturday, November 5, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 12)


We bought holiday gift cards for some families living in a fixed income senior apartment complex.

***

My name is Katie Walker. I am a friend of Jen Mango's and have followed your blog for the last few years. I met Steve briefly at the Kick the Damm Spot event at Fieldhouse. Anyway, I wanted to let you, Cooper, and Katie know that today at Starbucks I paid for the person behind me in line. They then paid for the person behind them. (The Starbucks worker said a few others had done the same already in Steve's name today and they thought it was such a cool thing!) Though we have never met you were all in my thoughts today.

***

Found my act of kindness late this evening. Helped a hard-working waitress have a good weekend.



***

I was at a state client site today and unfortunately the government might think "act of kindness" looked like "bribe", (silly but true) so I made a donation to the Alive! Alexandria foundation for their childcare program.

***

I bought dinner for dinner for seven people last night and delivered it to their home. Honored to be a part of 43 Acts of Kindness.

***

I bought dessert for a woman and girl about KT's age tonight at Panera. The cashier thought it was an awesome idea.

***

Mackenzie and I bought dinner for the car behind us at McDonald's, in Steve's name. They gave us our order for free as well. That was unexpected.

***

Had to get new brakes today. :( Decided to make cupcakes for the mechanics while they worked on my car. When I came to pick it up I thanked them for all their hard work and they were SO surprised and appreciative of the treats. Turned something that would have normally been kind of bitter experience into such a positive one. Thank you (Steve) for the inspiration!

***

My son, Joey, and I dropped off cupcakes at the Plano Fire Station 4 for Steve (along with the letter) and at the Frisco Central Fire Station for my mom, whose 73rd birthday would have been today.



***

Spent time helping a 7th-grader whose sister was killed two weeks ago while crossing the street.

***

My random acts of kindness today in memory of Steve Birthday was treats for Ryan's teacher (as you can see in the picture) and taking his buddy to school because their mom was busy tending to a sick family & lastly treating neighbors to a latte this afternoon. All in your name Steve. Happy Birthday, I'm sure Birthdays in heaven are delightful!



No comments: