Saturday, November 5, 2011

43 acts of kindness (part 15)

We were at IKEA and a gal with 3 carts full of stuff checked out in front of me and the two girls. She was alone and there was no one there to help her. Long story short....we helped her get everything out and packed into her car. She must have said thank you twenty times, and even said how floored she was that we would help her out like that. It was less than five minutes of my life, but no doubt made an impact on her, and more importantly, my girls.

***

Brought cake and milk to our neighborhood firemen.



***

We cleaned up (washed/dryed/etc.) alot of my 4 year old daughter's toys (she even selected many) and donated to two preschools/headstart programs. It was a wonderful thing to do because there are so many unfortunate children out there.

***

I do hope turning up at my parents house to help them lift the carpet (unprompted by them) today, is a small acknowledgement of a man's life.

***

Helping Mommy cook dinner without being asked!



***

Delivered a slice of pie to my hairdresser.

***

I went to a Starbucks in McKinney. I left a gift card because there wasn’t anyone in line. They showed us as we left. So cool to see them give it to them!!!

***

Paid for an aviation student to continue flight hours.

***

Alyssa wanted to let you know that she went shopping for toys to donate to Toys for Tots. 

***

I put together a care package full of canned food and snacks for friend's son who is stationed with the Marines in Afghanistan who only gets MREs (meals ready to eat) in his compound.





No comments: