Monday, March 30, 2015

xxooo

Last night we all went to bed early.

1. It was the night before the first day of the two-day fourth-grade writing STAAR.
2. Katie is a fourth-grader.
3. Katie gets a little anxious about testing.
4. I am a fourth-grade teacher.
5. Administering the STAAR test requires stamina.
6. I get a tiny bit anxious myself before testing.
7. Cooper is a teenager and is therefore constantly running a sleep deficit.
8. Cooper takes the eighth-grade reading STAAR test on Tuesday.

Before bed, I was looking for a specific book. I couldn't find it in the usual spot, so I searched the drawers of my bedside table. I rifled through and couldn't locate the book.

A bit of familiar handwriting caught my eye, though.


I don't remember this note, possibly because Steve and I often left each other notes. (Blub was our silly code word for "I love you, and I'm thinking of you, and you make me happy, and thank you," all rolled in to one.) I'm not even sure why I saved this particular one. Its rediscovery was perfect timing, though.

I feel asleep in no time, completely at peace.

No comments: