Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cooper's version

The day we returned from Chicago, Cooper dictated a letter to his teacher, Mrs. Brinlee, describing some of the highlights of our vacation:

April 21, 2008

Dear Mrs. Brinlee,

I just went to Chicago.

I saw “Wicked.” It was fantastic! It was so fantastic because of how they acted. I liked the way they made the monkeys fly and how the actors talked, sang and danced. “Wicked” is about a girl who is green, and people don’t really like her.

Another thing I did in Chicago was go to the top of the John Hancock building. The John Hancock building was so fun because you can see outside in a telescope. There are 96 floors. I could see Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin all at the same time.

We went to the Museum of Science and Industry and the Children’s Museum. My favorite part of the science museum was seeing the U-505. The U-505 is a submarine from the Navy. What I liked about the Children’s Museum was using my imagination to build a big skyscraper.

And I’m very, very glad to be home.

Sincerely,

Cooper Damm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great, and Cooper is right Wicked is fantastic. I am so glad you all had a good time. You really deserve it!
I just know Steve is going to continue to improve. Much love to all of you!

Jennifer Baumgardner