Sunday, November 4, 2018

50 Acts of Kindness (11)

From Ria in Frisco:

Brought a plant and gift card to neighbors that just moved back to Frisco, after relocating for 2 years. Also, made a donation earlier today, to a youth football team. Hoping today has been filled with smiles for the Damm family! #dammkind


***

From Dean in Sulphur Springs:

I don’t have a picture, but I need to share this story from this morning.
Each Sunday morning I take Caitlyn (our 13yo) to Starbucks on our way to church. Most of the time we order ahead and then pick it up inside. This morning I told her we were going through the drive-thru instead. When she asked why I told her that today was my friend Steve’s birthday. He would have been 50 today, but he passed away from brain cancer 8 years ago. We are going to honor him and celebrate how much he loved serving people by paying for the car behind us in line. She thought that was pretty cool.
We pulled into Starbucks and nobody pulled behind us for a while and we started to worry, but God had the right truck pull behind us. ðŸ˜‰
I paid on my app for our drinks, then told the server at the window I wanted to buy the drinks for the truck behind us. She told me how much their total was and she scanned my app again. Here’s the God part - I had EXACTLY enough left loaded on my card to pay for their order! ðŸ˜®ðŸ’¥ðŸŽ‰
Caitlyn and I had fun blessing the truck behind us at Starbucks and I enjoyed sharing the story of Steve with my daughter. Thanks for this amazing day every year, Tyra Damm! Blessings to you, Cooper, and Katie! Thanks for watching out for us, Steve! #dammkind

***

From Amy in Colleyville:

As we were leaving Mooyah, we gave a gift card to a young couple with a new baby heading in to eat. It’s always a blessing to be a part of this event honoring Steve’s life.



***

From Liz in Frisco:

Donation to American Cancer Society in Steve’s name.

***

From Jackie in McKinney:

Treated two cars to dinner at Sonic

***

From Shari of Lucas, traveling in Arizona:

Traveling in AZ this weekend. Left a tip for the room cleaning service at the hotel in Flagstaff.



Then stopped in Payson, AZ, and blessed our sweet server, Cherie, with a generous tip.



Oh. And I have my T-shirt on!



***

From Kathy in Carrollton:

Tyra, paid for the groceries if the two people behind me at Sprouts and gave them each one of the cards and explained a bit about the event. One woman said she would pray for you and your family.

***

From Shilpa in Plano:

Dear Tyra, happy birthday to Steve. My act of kindness contribution: I have offered to pay for my team to attend an educational course that is going to be held in Dallas in December. I will pay registration for the team of 8 people to attend the course. In addition, I have committed a 2,000 dollar educational grant support to a member of our team that myself and few others will select. This person will attend a national conference in movement disorders in Aspen, Colorado in August of 2019. We will go through the selection process over the next few months. The team member will be someone who proves themselves to be exemplary in every way and is a great team player. Lastly, today I offered to fly out with a friend to go evaluate his father in Orange County who has a neurological problem. We will go weekend after next. The Dad has been sick and is not doing as well.

2 comments:

JoAnn Schauf said...

From JoAnn in Coppell, TX

Exiting Costco during a torrential downpour this week, a fellow shopper attempted turn her windbreaker into a hood as she lament, "Why didn't I bring my umbrella from the car?"
I offered to go to her car and get her umbrella under the cover of mine. She said yes!

I thought you and your Steve the whole time! #dammkind

robert mary said...



WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sick of
breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad,but I don't know why he did not accept the offer,he only said
I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347067393105,message him on instragram dr.ogididan or website ogididanherbalhome.wordpress.com for the cure, he will help you out
with any problems you have.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com