Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Counts up, energy down

Great news! Steve's white blood cells and neutrophils quickly rebounded since Monday's test and the subsequent neupogen injections.

Today's results: WBC is 10.2 with an expected range of 4.0-10.5, up from 1.7 on Monday.

Absolute neutrophils are 8.8 with an expected range of 1.8-7.8, up from 0.8 on Monday.

With those results, Dr. M's office instructed him to stop taking the antibiotic and the neupogen shots.

Despite the excellent lab results, Steve has had a rough day. He's even more lethargic and worn out than earlier this week. He's taken advantage of the quiet house today and spent many hours sleeping. It is a perfect day for napping -- cool, gray and rainy.

We're both anxious for next Wednesday's MRI, though we agree there's no reason to worry. He has no new symptoms -- just samplings of old favorites. Still, we'll both feel better when we get another good report next week.

1 comment:

Mary Brooke Casad said...

Tyra---I just read your beautiful article on the UMPortal....my heart goes out to you. I lost my youngest brother, Kelley Oliphint, to GBM on Oct. 5. His journey is detailed on www.oliphint.com

You are so right about silver linings and the incredible outpourings of loving friends and family. Please know that I am holding you, Steve and your family in my prayers....if you ever feel the need to talk with someone who has "been there," feel free to contact me. My prayers and are with you....