Sunday, October 19, 2008

Guest blogger: See Spot Run racers

See Spot Run racers,

Hi there! How's your training going? It is eight weeks until the big day, SUNDAY, DEC. 14! If you have not yet, please register for the race. IT WILL SELL OUT! Race officials say this year's race is already outselling last year's.

Below is a list of people who have contacted me about the race. If your name should be on here, or if you have any changes, please e-mail me.

Running the full marathon:
Mark T.

Running the half:
Tyra D.
Allison E.
Jim D.
Paul D.
John W.
Sharon G.
Sally S.
Greg W.
Will P.

Relay team (in no particular order, to be registered together):
Holly B.
Brandie W.
Andy L.
Randy L.
Melanie D.

Jim and Betty Damm have graciously offered to host a pre-run pasta dinner for the runners and their families. It will be on Saturday, Dec. 13, in the afternoon. Please let me know if you and your family will be able to attend.

For all of you who want to contribute to the team but aren't runners, there are many opportunities. We need people to shuttle the relay team back and forth, make signs and cheer on the team at various points along the course. Please contact me if any of those sounds like something you can contribute. The runners will need our support!

I am still lining up the shirts but I haven't heard from everyone yet. If you want a shirt, please e-mail me with how many and the sizes.

So in short:
1. Register for the race! Prices go up Oct. 31.
2. Are you on the running list? Please let me know if you should be but you're not.
3. Can you be a member of the support crew?
4. Please RSVP to the pasta dinner.
5.If you want shirts, let me know how many and which sizes.

I know Steve has been touched by everyone's support. Let's keep that spot on the run!

-- Liz
runforsteve@gmail.com

No comments: