Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Feeling lowly

Yesterday Steve started feeling ill with cold or allergy symptoms. He has an awful sore throat and is very tired. He started taking an antibiotic yesterday, just to be safe, and took a long nap this afternoon.

Ragweed, fungus and grass are at high levels in the Dallas area. The kids and I are having allergy symptoms also, but we're not struggling as much as Steve.

For some reason -- related to medication we're thinking -- Steve's body is really cold all the time. We kept the A/C at 80 almost all summer, and he was still freezing. While friends and I were in Whitefish, Mt., this weekend, Liz and I found a great fleece pullover for Steve to wear around the house. It's fuzzy and soft on the inside and includes cozy pockets. He's worn it around the house ever since I came home Monday afternoon.

Ami flew back to Austin yesterday, after spending a week taking care of everyone. She cooked pots of soup to stock the freezer, spruced up the front porch and beds with fall flowers, cleaned out the pantry, treated Katie to her first manicure, drove all over North Texas and much more.

My favorite destination of the weekend was Glacier National Park. Here is one reason why:

Avalanche Gorge, Glacier National Park

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only written a few times. I don't know your family personally, however, I check on you daily through this awesome blog. Hang in there and know that your faith through these trials is certainly a gift from God Himself. You are a blessed family and sharing your progress, though sometimes not seen and felt, is very uplifting to me, as well as many others, I am sure. My prayers for healing are still with you and your family. God is good all the time, and He is always faithful.

Sweetest Whimsy said...

Everyone's feeling the fall allergies keenly, so we can definitely sympathize with you, Steve! And we know you feel it even worse. Sending prayers your way and hope you're getting lots of rest. I find that helps for me during allergy season, even more than the meds, although I don't always get that luxury!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I hope Steve gets to feeling better. There is so much going around right now.

Absolutely beautiful picture. What an ideal place for a girls weekend!

I know the kids just love their Aunt. No matter how many times I have met her Cooper still wants to reintroduce her and show her off.

CK