Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Video

In January, Cooper, Katie and I were interviewed for a fundraising video for Presbyterian Communities and Services, the parent agency of Faith Presbyterian Hospice, which helped take care of Steve in his two months. Faith also provided grief counseling for the three of us throughout the year after Steve's death.

The folks at Faith have told me that they're now using the video during presentations. And that it generates lots of tears.

My hope is that it also generates interest in supporting the T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center in Dallas. The center will offer inpatient hospice care, education training and resource center, spiritual care center, outdoor reflection center, and child and family bereavement center.

I am so proud of our children, who are able to express themselves well despite their heavy loss. I am thankful that we were given the opportunity to share a small part of Steve's story -- and that it might help other families in similar situations.

The video is here.

2 comments:

haley. said...

Yes... many tears! This is really beautiful Tyra. I am so proud of you all and so lucky to get to spend so much time with you and your amazing children. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to Steve. The video brought tears to my eyes and I am sure others who see it will be moved. You are strong. Thank you for sharing your family's journey with us.