Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Footage from 2006

For months now, when I go to YouTube, I get a dire message about Google videos that need to be migrated. I always ignore the message -- until yesterday, when I started to worry that if I ignored the message much longer, the videos might disappear.

The migration was simple and quick. And now I've rediscovered some wonderful snippets of Damm family life.

Two very special ones:




I haven't yet shared these two with Katie. I don't think she's quite ready.

I did share them with Cooper. He watched the Katie video first. He stared at the computer screen with big eyes that soon filled with tears.

We talked about that early fall day in 2006. And we talked about how much we miss Daddy.

I asked if he wanted to see another video, one of his 5-year-old self and Daddy, including Daddy's voice. He said yes. I asked if he was sure. He said yes again.

After watching that video, he laughed and laughed.

I am so thankful to have these tangible, recorded moments to supplement our memories.

No comments: