Sunday, November 5, 2017

49 Acts of Kindness (10)

Thank you to friends who sent notes of kind acts performed anonymously! Your gifts and gestures make the world a kinder place. We need as much kindness as we can gather and grow.

***

From Christina in Frisco:


I wasn't sure what I was going to choose to do this year, until I went to Tom Thumb. I was greeted by the employee who frequently works in the produce section and at the meat counter. He is always so friendly and I knew he was the one. I had a $25 gift card in my purse and I passed it along to him, along with the flyer. ðŸ˜Š. Thinking of you and your beautiful family!

***

From Gaya in Frisco:


Here are the cute outfits that are a gift in honor of Steve Damm, to a newly adopted baby girl. Have the best life ever, sweet baby!

***

From Amy:

In line at Ben & Jerry's. Bought the woman's ice cream in front of us and gave her Steve's note. She was in complete shock and so thankful. We saw her later with her group of friends, and they passed along a "God bless" to the Damm family. 

***

From Jessi in Mountain View, Ark.:

We delivered thirty-five pounds of homegrown sausage and two butchered pigs to several Arkadelphia families with various blends of biological, adopted, and fostered kiddos.  A week-long endeavor; it was physically and emotionally exhausting.  But as I’ve sat here picking at my banged-up knuckles, I’ve smiled and thought of Steve.   Realizing that today is his day, it all feels perfect.  


***

From Sarah in Richardson:

John gave an extra big tip to a stressed barber, and I gave to a local music nonprofit in Steve's memory. We love you!

No comments: