Saturday, November 4, 2017

49 Acts of Kindness (3)

From Melissa in Austin:




I did an act of kindness on the go today at the Texas Book Festival! I made a donation to their Book Drive Campaign to help rebuild school libraries in Houston and Gulf Coast areas. I know how much Steve loved books and reading and have great memories of book discussions with him.

***

From Tracy:


Thank you to Gigi’s cupcakes for letting me spread some #dammkind in memory of my friend Tyra Damm’s husband, Steve. Some strangers will score a sweet treat on me! 


***

From Suzanne:


Gave a big tip at Sonic in Plano today.

***

From Danielle and Chad in Frisco:


Purchased items from the Amazon wish list of our favorite dog rescue, Spot's Last Stop Canine Rescue!

***

From Stacey in NYC:



Today, Liz O'Sullivan and I bought several bags of groceries to donate to the “Stuff the Bus” campaign benefiting the Greene County (Catskill, NY) food pantry. Also, on Friday, I fixed a big pot of queso for my yankee coworkers to introduce them to a proper Texas delicacy. 😜
Happy Birthday, Steve! We miss you. #dammkind

***

From Laura in Edmond, Okla.:


We provided $ to a high school swimming concession stand to pay for several customers’ orders. #49actsofkindness

***

From Jasmine in Frisco:


Brought a Starbucks coffee and cookies to DJ's Korean school teacher. Happy to see her big smiles.

***

From Ria in Frisco:


Just dropped off several bags of groceries for Frisco FastPacs, in honor of Steve's birthday! Thank you, Tyra! I love participating in this special day each year! Sending hugs to you today!
#dammkind

***

From Debbie in Frisco:

On my 1/2 McKinney Marathon run this morning around mile 9-10 I saw ahead of me a gentleman who was in leg pain and not running. He didn’t think he’d finish, but I stayed with him and we made it to the finish line together (and not last). We talked the entire way to the end to keep his mind off of his leg and I learned so much about his culture and family. It wasn’t until after the finish line when we had our medals that we introduced ourselves to each other 😁 and congratulated one another on a feat well done! It was an incredible journey for us both & I’ll never forget it.

***

From Nancy (author of the books mentioned):


I donated The William Hoy Story and Manjhi Moves a Mountain to Frisco Public Library in honor of Steve Damm for 49 Acts of Kindness❤️

No comments: