Sunday, November 5, 2017

49 Acts of Kindness (9)

From Kristy in Frisco:


Hanna-Mary gave a gift card to her awesome swim coach to celebrate Steve’s birthday. #dammkind

***

From Julianne in Frisco:



The girls decided to give Steve's note to the waitress tonight at Benihana during Emerson's birthday dinner. They explained, and she was thrilled.

We bought dinner for the man behind us at dinner tonight at a new restaurant in Frisco. He was surprised and very appreciative.

***

From Valerie, visiting NYC:


I know this is arriving late but it was done yesterday on my trip to NYC to visit Sam. There is a diner I enjoy called Applejack Diner and it rained here earlier in the week and my hair was crazier than usual. The hostess commented that she loved how my hair was pulled back and asked how I did that. I told her I use a tooth comb headband that I get at CVS (Duane Reade) in NYC. She took down the details. I left and when to 2 Duane Reade’s and 1 Walgreens to find the particular set. They are hard to find and I found them on the third stop - only one set. I bought it and took it to her yesterday. She immediately asked me to show her how to put it on and did. She was ecstatic and simply could not believe that a stranger would do such a thing. I am pretty sure she hugged me no less than 20 times! We are strangers no more! Meet my new friend, Regina! I hope this small thing honors your dear Steve! Xxoo!#49ActsofKindness #DammKind

***

From Suzanne in Frisco:


Kids worked on Christmas cards for a sweet boy Jacob who has cancer and is celebrating early since he will not make it to this Christmas and wants cards.

***

From Tifani in Rockwall:


Baked cookies for our weekly Meals on Wheels recipients for a special weekend treat. Thank you for inviting us to be a part of Steve's birthday celebration!

***

From Caroline in Plano:


I treated my best friend to a pedicure. A few weeks ago her husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer. He's had surgery and thankfully his prognosis is good. The last few weeks have been crazy and stressful for her. They have 6 kids and she is trying to keep things normal for them. I wanted to do something "normal" for her.
Thinking of you all today, and of my late mother, who shares Steve's birthday. #dammkind

1 comment:

s4fam said...

In line at Ben & Jerry's. Bought the woman's ice cream in front of us and gave her Steve's note. She was in complete shock and so thankful. We saw her later with her group of friends, and they passed along a "God bless" to the Damm family. Unfortunately, no picture.