Saturday, August 15, 2009

Laughter

Steve and I both love the television show The Office -- the British and American versions.

My favorite American episode is "The Injury," in which Michael burns his foot on a George Foreman grill. If I ever need a quick pick-me-up, I just have to watch the opening minutes of that episode -- guaranteed laughter.

Here is some of the dialogue.

Michael: Okay, Buhh! I burned my foot. Very badly on my Foreman grill and I now need someone to come and bring me into work.

Jim: You burned YOUR foot on a Foreman Grill?

Michael: I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon. Sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's a perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot, that's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

You can go here to see the clip.

Steve, knowing how much I love the episode, recently ordered me my own Foreman grill. On the card:

Till you get your butler. Love, Steve

So now whenever I need another pick-me-up, I just look at the card or grill a sandwich for the kids. Isn't Steve the best?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever! Did he consult you or was it a surprise? Was it cemented in your yard? LOL

Unknown said...

yes, he is the best, tyra...and your blog is also wonderful...wish i could get there to hug you - and i know stephen does, too...

Bill Kniering said...

I love the smell of bacon and feet in the morning.