Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Prayers

I baked cookies Monday night and invited Jackie over to sample them.

As we visited, she talked about the thousands of people praying for Steve.

He's been on her church prayer list from the beginning of this cancer journey. She's been taking graduate school classes at Dallas Baptist University, and she always lifts his name in prayer during class.

We were both overwhelmed with emotion thinking of so many people praying for Steve and our family -- people we will never meet but who are so essential to Steve's strength, health and peace.

I can't begin to keep track of the many prayer lists and chains that include Steve. When Steve displays superhuman strength or I summon patience I didn't think I had, I know we are relying on strength, patience and grace gifted by God.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Sharon, who is spending two weeks in Europe with her aunt and cousin.

During my visit to the Cathedral of Canterbury this morning, I found a little chapel where you write a prayer request and it's read aloud at the next morning's daily communion service. So my request said: Please ask that God's grace and comfort be with Steve, Tyra, Cooper and Katie Damm of Frisco, Texas, USA.

We are incredibly blessed to receive so many prayers and good wishes. Thank you for continuing to pray with us and for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, we are ALL blessed, no matter what shape that may take. I pray for you, as I pray for my feral kitties - all God's creatures, all God's creation. Just keep hanging in there. Kim in Dallas