Monday, April 6, 2009

Evening update

(Quick version because I'm tired ...)
  • Betty is spending the night with Steve at St. Paul, allowing me to spend the night at home with Cooper and Katie. Our home bed feels so good after three nights on a Murphy bed cot.
  • Steve's shortness of breath returned this afternoon. A nurse just evaluated him tonight and increased his oxygen flow from 2 liters to 5 liters. That pushed his blood-oxygen level up from the high 80s to the mid-90s.
  • The same nurse has requested breathing treatments, and now Steve is waiting on a doctor to stop by to examine him and put in orders for respiratory therapy.
  • We didn't learn results of the chest X-ray today. We should get those Tuesday morning.
  • He is still on IV antibiotics, which leads us to believe he'll be at St. Paul until at least Wednesday. If they start oral antibiotics tomorrow, he'll still need 24 hours of hospital observation before he can come home. (At least that's what we and Dr. M's team are comfortable with.)
  • Thanks to Layne, Nita, Holly, Kris, Liz, Aimee, Jim and Betty for help today!

1 comment:

Tracy Kosofsky said...

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated!! We are thinking about you and hoping Steve gets home soon!