Thursday, September 3, 2009

'I need to feel better'

Today I asked Steve if he needed anything.

"I need to feel better," he said.

That's the theme this week. He's feeling lousy. His hearing is worse. His speech is difficult. He's so very tired and napping more often. His Foley catheter is still causing trouble -- bladder spasms and occasional pain. His shortness of breath seems worse.

Your cards and notes have started arriving, and that makes him feel better. Snuggles with Cooper and Katie always help. Any sign of love offers comfort.

8 comments:

LipDom Team said...

You don't know me and I can't even remember how I stumbled onto your blog. I just wanted you to know that You are a favorite in my google reader and that my husband and I pray for your family regularly. I hope you feel the comfort and support of people all over the world lifting all four of you up in prayer. Peace and love from Louisiana.

chapman.d said...

Sending love and comfort your way. Wish I could make it all go away. You are loved more than you know.

Unknown said...

Posting love and prayers from the Dear Family. We are lifting you in prayers asking for peace for Steve and Tyra, and Cooper and Katie. Melissa

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder that you are in our thoughts and prayers at all times.
Cherl

Anonymous said...

Just learned about this from a friend and co-worker. I am so sorry and I'm sending you strength through my prayers. Amy

Chrys and Mike said...

praying for you. much love.

chrys

Anonymous said...

Sending you love and prayers. Your entire family is constantly in our thoughts.

Love, the Becka-Prys

tlundt said...

We're all praying for you ....and know God has a wonderful plan for each and every one of you.....

Your friends....

The Lundts