Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Live from the infusion room

Steve is in his comfy recliner and trying to nap. His blood has been drawn, and we're waiting for good counts so the CPT-11 and Avastin can begin.

This week, on the advice of my friend Dave Wilson, I started using Twitter. (It's a social messaging application, sort of like blogging in little spurts. Or Tweets.)

A few minutes ago, I posted via Twitter that we "are in infusion room 3, ready for another day of cancer-killing drugs."

A few minutes later, I received an e-mail that Livestrong (the Lance Armstrong Foundation) is following me on Twitter (I'm guessing that a search engine notifies someone at Livestrong when someone posts a cancer-related Tweet).

Livestrong posted in reply: "Good luck to steve today from the Lance Armstrong Foundation!"

So awesome! And just a little eery. Our world seems to get a little smaller every day, partly because of technology that still mystifies me.

1 comment:

mrsf5 said...

Hey, Tyra. I started following you on Twitter without knowing anything about Steve's story... and now your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Social networking: it's a strange, yes, but often marvelous thing.

Amy
twitter.com/franklin5 (mrs. f5)