Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lightning McQueen

During Steve's very first cancer-related hospitalization, Julie brought him a gift: a square Lightning McQueen pillow from Target. (Hospital pillows are especially awful -- plastic, thin and without any support.)

It's smooth and silky on one side and plush on the other. It's squishy. It's been Steve's ideal companion on multiple hospital visits, cancer center visits, car trips, airplane rides and more.

Of course, the pillow accompanied us to Palm Beach and back.

Steve thought it would be fun to take photos of the pillow around The Breakers, and so I did. (Steve's whimsical ideas often remind me of my dear, late Gramma. She really would have loved this.)

This may be my favorite of the pillow photos. It looks as if McQueen is expecting an important phone call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been on the road and am catching up with y'all. Although I am glad to hear Spot hasn't grown, I really preferred tales of beach umbrellas and seafood club sandwiches.
Lightning McQueen's album was a wonderful cap to your beach stories.
The photos are excellent! A couple made me laugh out loud. I especially liked him waiting in the booth for you two to join him at dinner. He's all aglow and almost looks excited.
Sending prayers, good thoughts, and love,
René
Out Damm Spot!