Sunday, June 7, 2009

Incredible day

Steve and Tyra on a little stroll around the event room

We're still resting and recovering from Saturday. Kick the Damm Spot was a truly spectacular event! Steve and I get a little weepy every time we talk about it.

What started as an idea from Jen Mango a month ago evolved quickly. The volunteers worked so hard in such a short time, sacrificing time with their own families or jobs or other volunteer activities.

We loved the constant stream of visitors. Steve stayed much longer than we expected -- from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I plan to write more tonight or tomorrow, saving today to rest and spend time with our little family.

If you pledged money for Cooper or Katie, you may be interested in their totals. But first, please, please, please cap your donation! Cooper kicked 80 goals, and Katie kicked 42. I completely underestimated their kicking abilities. I'll e-mail you all this week with our mailing address. Checks can be written to The Steve Damm Fund.

And until I can edit my own photos, you can enjoy the superior photography of Layne Smith. His photos from Saturday are here.

Some of the volunteers and their kids (many of them from the Dolphins soccer team)

1 comment:

Chitnis and Chahal said...

Hi Tyra, thanks for sharing this. I am in Paris right now for a meeting but with my family. Wow, that's a great number of goals from Cooper and KT. Amazing!
I won't be back till June 22nd, so will send you a check after I am back. Bear with me till I am unpacked and back into my routine life.
Great job.
Shilpa