Tuesday, November 4, 2014

46 Acts of Kindness (12)

Some kind folks gave our family gifts -- totally unexpected and totally appreciated.

Gaya painted this lovely sign for our home.


An anonymous friend from Hosp left roses on my desk.


Tim and cutie-pie son Drew gave all three of us gift cards.

Plus the front office at Hosp turned into a breakfast buffet, with pastries and coffee.


***

Cyndi in Frisco made a donation in Steve's memory to Operation Once in a Lifetime.



***

From Theresa in Carrollton:

Remembered Steve today and shared an act of kindness with my co-workers - lunch for all from Jimmy Johns.

***

From Brad in Missouri City:

Just dropped off a couple dozen donuts and kolaches to the Missouri City Police Department, and a couple dozen to the Missouri City Fire Department. Miss you Steve!

***

From the traveling Garrett:

Picked up the tab tonight at dinner.


***

From Jennifer in Plano:

Paying it forward at Chick fil A this morning. (And my order was wrong and I smiled anyway.)

***

From Tamarah in Frisco:

I purchased two of these shirts in honor of my former boot camp friend, Kara, who is fighting Ovarian cancer. One of the shirts will go to another friend who is an Ovarian cancer survivor.

***
From Parul in Carrollton:

Coffee for my coworkers for Steve's birthday!


***

From a friend in Frisco:

Today I drove to Plano to give a dress/costume to friend's daughter, which she needed for a performance on Saturday. I donated a book and gave chew toys to my neighbor/friend who recently rescued a dog from a shelter. I got Starbucks cards for my special husband, and also for a cross guard at our school, which I'm going to give him tomorrow morning.
My daughter gave some friendship bracelets to some of her friends.

***

From Amy in Dallas:

I voted for myself, and my muppers. But the do(ugh)nuts were for the volunteers, in celebration of Steve's 46th.


***

From Traci in Frisco:

I love this day! 46 Acts of Kindness!! Banana bread for all of Ashlee's teachers.


***

From Patty:

Donated a 2 year subscription of Zoobooks to Vogel Alcove Children's Center in Dallas. They teach and take care of homeless children. 

***

From Shubha in Frisco:

I just made another donation to one of my childhood friend's organization that helps underprivileged kids by buying them school supplies in India.

No comments: