Tuesday, November 4, 2014

46 Acts of Kindness (10)

From Denise in Colorado Springs:

Today we honored an amazing woman whom volunteers endless hours to her community and never wants recognizing. She struggles financially and will now get some pampering for herself at a local spa! Spreading some Damm love in Colorado!!!

***

From Anna in Frisco/Lewisville:

I paid for a family's meal at Pie Five in honor of Steve :)


***

From Laura in Frisco:

Will just gave his OT a cupcake. He loves his best friend Coop!


***

From John in Richardson:

This one goes out to all the kits and pups at Take Me Home Pet Rescue. The volunteers there do great work to give some of the saddest cases a shot at happy new lives. http://www.takemehomepetrescue.com/ We're glad to help out in Steve's honor.


***

From Rae in Carrollton:

I just wanted to tell you I called and set up a lunch date today with Senior from church for next week!  Been wanting  to get together with Pearl forever and Acts of Kindness motivated me on this rainy day!!! 


***

From Tisha in Frisco:

Bought Starbucks on this cold day for car in line in Oklahoma today!

***

From Rachel in Frisco:

Today my daughter's school was collecting money to donate to a school they have adopted. We donated extra money in honor of Steve.

***

From Aunt Melane in Anna:

I made "Emergency" Goodie Bags for the administration office staff. I filled them with ibuprofen,Tide pens, nail files. Altoids, bandaids, lotion and KAZOOS. Maybe one day, all of the administrators will get together and play some kazoo music (Steve would approve).  


And from her Facebook page:


***

From Swati in Houston:

I donated to Community Connections for their Christmas gift drive, in honor of Steve who I feel so lucky to have known. 

***

From Melinda in Frisco:

I was in Wal-Mart, and this elderly couple was going crazy looking for wax paper. They finally found an employee who told them they didn't have any. I found that odd, and sure enough, I found it, far away from where it should be. I (finally) found the couple and showed them where it was. It was such a little thing, but they were so happy.

Baked cookies for cup-de-sac peeps thanking them for being such great neighbors.




Got hand sanitizer to place at some of the dog walking stations (postponed due to rain, but hopefully will be out tomorrow:)


***

From Kristy in Frisco:

Hanna-Mary surprised her awesome swim coach, Katy, with a Smoothie King gift card. This is one of my favorite days of the year. Thank you Katie, Cooper and Tyra for modeling how to always "make lemonade out of lemons." Happy Birthday Steve!



***

From Stacey in Charlotte, N.C.:

Meg and I made donations to the Autism Society and Austin Pets Alive!, respectively, in celebration of Steve's life.

No comments: