Tuesday, November 4, 2014

46 Acts of Kindness (3)

From Uncle Jim in DC/Virginia:

Bought breakfast snacks for my office.



Just delivered snacks (Veggies, Fruit and Cookies) to the Arlington County Fire Station #5. 



Providing Metrocards to visitors arriving at Reagan National Airport to get them on their way. 


***

From the Tittle family in Lubbock:

In honor of the entire Damm family, we had cupcakes decorated with Steve's "act of kindness" logo and delivered them to the Joe Arrington Cancer Research and Treatment Center in Lubbock. We asked that they be shared with the staff as a thanks for all they do.


***

From Carley in Frisco:

Surprised my sweet hairdresser with flowers today.


***

From Betty, Steve's mom, in Dallas:

The memory of Steve is a bright spot in my heart and so today I delivered small cakes to the seniors and the staff of our church. One friend said as she eats her cake she will say thank you for the many blessings of life. I say thank you to everyone who has spread love and joy to others today.

***

From Jamie in Frisco:

I did one small act of kindness for your husband today...Due to the rainy cold day we are having, I brought hot chocolate to Max's daycare for all.


***

From Mike in Dallas:

Lunch for these unsuspecting ladies. I'm surprised how unexpected -- and awkward -- a random act of kindness can be. I found myself wanting to explain, "No, really, I'm not a creep." Thanks, Tyra, for the opportunity to shatter someone's expectations.



***

From Tanya in Humble:

I bought a stranger's Starbuck's order. He was so appreciative and couldn't wait to pay it forward!

***

From Kelly in Oklahoma/Texas:

As I woke up this morning, not working anywhere and not feeling extra connected to any one community at this time, I decided to go to Sonic, a place I frequent quite often. The young man who brought me my drink order was a bit confused when I told him I was giving him a $46 tip. Through his confused state, I told him about Steve Damm and his sweet, loving family and how they honor him every year on his birthday. This young man's reaction was of appreciation and he promised me he would remember Steve's name as he pays it forward. Tyra, I consider myself one of the lucky ones to have had to pleasure to know Steve Damm and your strong little family! As I'm sure today is bitter sweet, I pray that you, Cooper and Katie will continue finding ways to inspire all of us, not just on this day, but all through the year.

***

From Jana in Frisco:

Jacob and I took hot chocolate to the front desk and childcare ladies at the YMCA.


***

From Ria in Frisco:

I brought lunch to the Girl's athletics coaches at Pioneer Heritage Middle School today in honor of Steve! God bless the Damm family!



No comments: