Wednesday, November 4, 2015

47 Acts of Kindness (12)

From Haley in Cassel, France:

Today started out rough - my train to work was delayed two hours and I ended up having to drive! However, doing these acts of kindness reminded me to not sweat the small stuff! I dropped off breakfast in the teacher lounge for my coworkers, taped coins to the coffee machine in the teacher lounge (we have a key to get two free coffees a day, but that's never enough!), and treated my friend Christin to coffee and cake. We love you Steve and the whole Damm family! ‪#‎dammkind‬





***

From Vicki in Carrollton:

Bought these ladies lunch. They were so appreciative, and seeing the look on their faces made my day.

***

From Laura in Seneca, S.C.:

We sent out some Clemson goodness (and goodies) to a dear friend and her daughter who are grieving at this time and shared Steve's story. 🐾‪#‎dammkind‬


***

From Uncle Jim in Arlington, Va.:

Delivered breakfast treats to the office (sorry that I didn't take a picture at the start... This is all that was left)


***

From Sarah and John in Richardson:

A donation to our richardson pet rescue, in honor of Steve.

***

From Shubha in Frisco:

Again donating money to the tribal area kids for school education. Thanks for making me a part of this.

***

From Patty in Frisco:


Maggie stayed after school to help a teacher organize books in the classroom. I'm saving mine for tomorrow. My mom has been receiving radiation treatment for cancer. Thursday is my day to take her to treatment. So I thought what better way to support the movement than to take the hard working ladies in radiation a special treat.

***

From Aunt Karen in San Antonio:

Always look forward to this day. Bittersweet but mostly sweet because of your inspiration and loving spirit! I always begin the Month of November with this legacy & make sure I commit the number of kind acts for each year of Steve's Birthday (ergo the early beginning). I continue to be amazed at what joy it brings to MY heart. Sooo, I have been busy thus far. Food for 2 families to make their hectic work nights easier. Let people check out in front of me at three different stores (they're always SHOCKED) and when I tell them of Steve & you their hearts just melt. Helped an elderly woman unload her groceries & took her cart for her (Well, that is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard!" she kindly tells me), helped a Mom at Target with her 3 kids as she was juggling to get a few items, let someone else have a "prime" parking spot. LOVE reading what all people are doing to spead the love, joy & incredible tribute to an incredible man!

***

From Beth:

I dropped off a case of water at the local fire department today. Thanks for sharing this special family and idea with me Emily Schwab Rowland!

***

From Beth:

Cole and I paid for the person behind us in Drive thru.

***

From Janet in Plano:

Goo, E, and Buz took cookies to all of their ballet teachers. It's nutcracker season and they are working tirelessly. Buz forgot the sign but Goo told them about Steve.

and

So. Who knew that red box doesn't do coins anymore? I was so bummed. But BigH said, "no worries! Let's just put the coins there anyway!"



and

Paid for the two cars behind us at Cane's. So awesome!!!


***

From the Blackwells in Frisco:

My husband helped an employee work on an issue that is not on one of his programs just because. My son tutored a friend in need of help in a history class, even though he had a test review to do and then rearranged his schedule on his own to bring my daughter home from school today.  My daughter loaned her sweatshirt to a friend who had no warm ups at practice today and was cold.  I sent a card just to say 'I appreciate you' to a friend I have not seen in months.  Thank you for including us in this tradition, I hope your day was blessed by all the kind deeds done in Steve's honor. 

No comments: