Thursday, November 5, 2015

47 Acts of Kindness (16)

From Rebecca in Frisco:

I've had long hair most of my life and I've always been interested in donating my hair, but have always been too afraid to cut it. Yesterday has finally given me the final push! Today, in honor of Steve, I took the plunge and got 9 inches cut off my hair to donate to Pantene.


***

From Josh in Mesquite:


I was at Eastfield community college getting lunch at subway when a lady behind me paid for my meal and gave me a flyer explains why she did the act of kindness and she told me to check out the blog. After my meal I decided to go to Starbucks off of Campbell and payed for a man's coffee in front of me. I gave him the same flyer I had recieved and told him to check out the blog.

***

From Shantel in McKinney:

I know it's a day late but I bought it yesterday to give out - final act of kindness in honor of Steve Damm: a $50 Starbucks Gift Card to McClure Elementary Front Office Staff!they need to be on their toes to deal with my gal & the other rowdy bunch!! Thanks for all they do daily!!!
As this event comes to a close, Damm Family - thanks for including me in this event. While I know you'd do anything to have Steve back, this is a wonderful way to honor him & I enjoyed partaking in sharing kindness to all! Bless all of you & those who accepted the invitation plus delivered!‪#‎dammkindnessisthebest‬



***

From Sarah in Plano:

Brought hot chocolate and donuts to the sweet man at Goodwill who is always in the truck accepting donations - cold of winter, heat of summer. Also made a new friend!

***

From Patty in Frisco:

We delivered goodies to the wonderful ladies at radiation. Thank you Tyra for inspiring others and reminding us to be kind!


***

From Lisa in Phoenix:

Today instead of yesterday. Hubby and I at a favorite breakfast place. Bought the next 4 cups o coffee and gave staff a $20 tip explaining the event and gbm. They were touched, and it felt good. Your husband and my daughter remembered in a good way today. Thank you for starting this.

***

From Janet in Plano:

Just finished my last Wisner Fun Act of Kindness. Paid for the Starbucks order behind me and left Steve's note. Wow, my heart is full and I am just giddy. Tyra, I can't imagine how much joy this must bring you on what has the potential of being SUCH a tough day. Your heart is so encouraging to me.

***

From Raechel in Frisco:

We also made a donation to The Birthday Project in honor of Steve. Happy Birthday Steve!

***

From Caroline in Frisco:

I gave our custodian coffee from Starbucks!!  Love that you do this!!

***

From Laura in Frisco:

My girls took donuts to the fire station. I'm so happy you had a great turn out! I know Steve is smiling:)

***

From Stacey in Wilmington, N.C.:

A day late because we were traveling yesterday (and today) but Meg and I donated a PetsMart gift card to the local animal shelter and also donated online to the Autism Society of America. Happy Steve Day!


***

From Laura in Frisco:

For Will's favorite OT


***

From Sheri in Frisco:

So I completely forgot my cards so I showed it to the Sonic waiter on my phone and explained what 47 acts of kindness is. He thought it was awesome and loved his $20 tip. Thank you to the Damm family for inspiring us all heart emoticon




***


***

From Uncle Jim in Arlington, Va.:

I just saw one of the managers from Chick-Fil-A. The owner saw the cards I had left behind - and he's asked for some of the notes, so that he can match what I did for more random customers.  

No comments: