Sunday, November 4, 2012

44 Acts of Kindness: Part 1

Cindy, an East Coast friend, made a donation in memory of Steve to the Red Cross.

***

The Warhoftigs, a hockey-playing family, took bagels and coffee to the ice rink early Sunday morning.

***

Carrie is participating in the Down Syndrome Guild Buddy Walk in Dallas.

***

Kirstie in Indiana writes:

"I had to do my act two days early to be sure. We live kinda out in the sticks, and ... I'm not sure if we'll leave the house and see any other humans. So while grocery shopping [Friday], I saw a woman on the edge of the parking lot ... holding a sign that just said 'Hungry.' I gave her enough money to buy a meal."

***

Paige in Oregon writes:

"I started early, too. I tipped the kid who pumped my gas (Oregon doesn't allow mortals to pump their own) after he said two workers called in sick today and no one was available to come in. Friday afternoon at the gas station is no fun!

***

From Barbara:

"Today I paid for the meal of the family in front of me in the line at Five Guys. I had forgotten to take my printed paper about Steve, but I did tell them about him. Thank you for letting me be a part of the celebration of his birthday."

***

Beth in Plano made a donation to the Red Cross.

***

 John in Richardson made a donation to a New Jersey flood victim.

***

From Aunt Ami in Austin:

"Purchased an HEB grocery gift card and gave it to a very nice young bagger that offered to help me out with my groceries. When I shared with him the reason for the random act of kindness, I got choked up thinking of Steve ... this sweet fellow opened his arms and gave me a big warm bear hug and told me he would be thinking of Steve all day.

No comments: