Sunday, November 4, 2012

44 Acts of Kindness: Part 4

From Melissa in The Colony:

Leaving a note in the mailbox for our mail carrier. Thanks for all you do and have a cup of coffee on us in memory of Steve!


***

From Jeanne in Frisco:

"Thanks for this wonderful opportunity to remember that there is so much good in the world!

Today my daughter and I gave money to a lady who was standing outside our church with her two little children.   She held a sign saying she had lost her job and was needing some help to buy food for her kids. Along with donating money to her we will be praying for her and her children.  

My son's act of kindness was to let his sister pick another card while playing candy land.  This way she would not have to go all the way back to he beginning of the board :-)"


***

From Aunt Marilyn in Virginia:

"I lit a candle at my church this morning for Steve and his family, then drove a friend, who is losing her eyesight and can no longer drive, around to do her errands. Now I'm going out to rake the leaves in my neighbor's front yard."

***

From Amy in Missouri:

"My husband and I paid for the people behind us at Mc Donald's in Ozark, MO. Later today, we are taking dinner to our next door neighbor whose wife is in the hospital.

I forgot to print the note to leave at the drive thru this morning, so I had to hand write the message. I only know this man & family through my sister, Jana Shilson. However, his story has impacted my life two years in a row now. I was reading the note aloud for my husband as I was writing and couldn't finish for the tears starting to build. I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful mission! Prayers for you and your family from all the way in Missouri! :)"


***

From Liz in Frisco:

"Baking pumpkin bread for the new neighbors in Steve's honor :)"

***

From Lisa in Frisco:

"I bought half price Halloween candy and I am making care packages for 10 college students from Grace Avenue UMC to mail out this afternoon."

***

From Rebecca in Georgia:

Helped a family in NJ whose house was flooded. They lost many things, but no one was lost or injured.

***

From Julie of Keller: 

"Saving lives in a very real way. I know how valuable blood donation is to those in treatment. Today's opportunity to donate at Aldersgate UMC in Carrollton seemed the ideal way to honor Steve's memory and give the gift of life. Thank you for the inspiration.
http://carterbloodcare.org/Bloodfacts"



***


From Shilpa in Plano:

"Saw a lady cleaning trash at whole foods and gave her some cash for lunch. It's wonderful to do these simple things for other people especially in Steve's memory. I am going to commit to doing these regularly."

***


From Melinda in Frisco:

"While in line at Starbucks this morning, I had planned to buy a coffee for car behind me.  When I pulled up to the window, the gal said the car in front of me bought me a coffee in Honor of Steve Damm's birthday. I then bought for the car behind me. I LOVE to see so many people honoring him."

No comments: