Sunday, November 11, 2012

44 Acts of Kindness

Hundreds of you made Steve's birthday, Nov. 4, a truly awesome day. Thank you!

Midweek I tried to count the reported acts of kindness in memory of Steve. There were at least 350! And those were just the acts emailed or texted or posted to Facebook. (If I accidentally missed blogging yours, I'm sorry!)

My sister, Melane, sent me a note that night that captures part of what made the day so special:

"I just can't stop reading all the Acts! I keep thinking ... So many people are being touched today, but no one person would be able to come close to Steve's reaction to it all. He wouldn't be able to stop the genuine feel-goodness. He'd be smile-crying all day. He'd be so happy his cute cheeks would hurt for a week. He'd be speechless."

Save the date now: 45 Acts of Kindness on Nov. 4, 2013.

"He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, 
and to walk humbly with your God?"
(Micah 6:8)

No comments: