Monday, November 5, 2012

44 Acts of Kindness: Part 22

From Jeanne in Carrollton:


"My husband and I spent yesterday with the two children of dear long-term friends while they attended the NASCAR race.  They live in Austin and have no family in the state.  We’re the closest thing and consider them like a brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew.  Their 11-year-old son has autism, so our friends don't often get to spend time together alone as a married couple.  Their 13-year-old daughter is incredibly accepting of and loving toward her brother, but often has revise or share what she wants to do for his sake.  She seemed to really enjoy a trip with me to the mall to shop for teen clothes without any real schedule or agenda.  Everyone had smiles on their faces when they came together at the end of the day!!"

***

From Kristin in Frisco:

"Today I picked up Nothing Bundt Cakes for the sweet woman that guards the gate into my parents neighborhood, the sweet couple that cleans my house and Dave's wonderful admin at work - All delivered with the "Steve" note attached. Love the yearly reminder to pay it forward, Tyra. Thanks for including us once again!"

***

From Stephanie in Frisco:

"I purchased coffee for the car behind me in line at Starbucks this morning in honor and memory of Steve.  I kept my niece and nephew (ages 2 and 3 months) all day yesterday which might be considered an act of kindness in itself :) but it kept me from being able to get out and about yesterday like I had hoped.  Anyway, I read your posts throughout the day and I wanted you to know what an AWESOME way I think this is for you and your kids to honor Steve on his birthday each year.  I know he is smiling down on all three of you!"

***

From Christie in Frisco:

"Bought gift cards at the local consignment shop and asked the sweet ladies there to give them away as they see fit. Left the paper and Steve's story for them to share. Have to say, we were all in tears when I left."


***

Last night the doorbell rang at the Damm house. By the time we got to the door, there was no one there. But there was this sweet note for Cooper and Katie and a gift card for dinner.


***

From Renee:

"We were somewhat housebound today [Sunday], but did make it out to lunch at a local restaurant. While there, I noticed a waiter who was working very hard and I celebrated Steve's life by thanking him and handing him a tip on the way out the door. We have decided to do one random act of kindness for the next 44 days in honor of Steve. Thank you for sharing Steve's story and giving us the opportunity to be a part of celebrating his life."

***

From Bert and Cameron in Frisco:

"We were so inspired by your friend’s story, we donated a bag of dog food Sunday to Collin County Cast-A-Ways. They were out in front of PetCo (on Eldorado near the Target). That was our random-act-of-kindness for the day."  

No comments: