Sunday, November 4, 2012

44 Acts of Kindness: Part 17

Cory Jensen, who designed the stunning 44 Acts of Kindness logo, also designed these prints and left one for Cooper and one for Katie on our front porch.

***

Cooper chose to give a gift card to Jonathan, our church accompanist and Cooper's talented piano teacher. He is flexible with our scheduling needs and adjusts his teaching style expertly for Cooper.

 ***

Cooper and Katie delivered an orchid to Derek and Susan, who go out of their way to make life special.

***

From the Mihm family in Frisco:

"We loved participating in the Acts of Kindness in Memory of Steve today. We bought dinner for the car behind us at Canes tonight. The kids got so excited to see the look on the faces of the family  behind us receiving the note about Steve. :)"


***

From Elissa in Carrollton:

"I supported & 'stalked' aka cheered on the wonderful Susan G Komen 3day walkers today & yesterday, my Angels for the Cure teammates & my first time walking sister! I have participated myself the last 4 years & this year I supported with love, hugs, cheers, waters, gatorades, honking, yelling, fetching, snacks, ice, passed out stickers, collected trash...and yes it was a blast, so much & also inspiring & grateful to know I made my small part in this huge weekend of hope that occurred by miles walked by so many strong people!"

***

From Jon in Seattle:

"We gave up our seats in the restaurant waiting area tonight to a nice older couple. The man seemed stunned that we would do it, and his surprise only made me more pleased to have shown them kindness."

***

From Linda in Plano:

"My parents and I gave an extra large tip and the letter about Steve to our waiter tonight. He seemed surprised; I told him to read the note later. We never knew Steve, but it was our pleasure to make someone's day. Thanks for inviting us to  play a tiny part."

***

From Yvonne in Frisco:

"I paid for the next person in line at Starbucks this afternoon..."

***

From Laura in Cedar Hill:

"I have the note with a little cash ready to go. I’m giving it to the school counselor tomorrow, and will ask her to give it to a parent (anonymously) who may be going through a hard time. Since my kids go to a mostly low-income school, we have a lot— but since she is privy to private circumstances, I am leaving it up to her to decide who would most benefit. Rather than a random stranger, I wanted to do something for one of the kids I see every day."

***

From Victoria in Frisco:

"I donated to my friend's 5K and obstacle course for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Happy Birthday, Steve."

***

From Tom in New York State:

"Rough week here, so I will be a bit delayed in random, but I did donate to the Red Cross for Sandy relief."

No comments: