Monday, November 4, 2013

45 Acts of Kindness, Part 17


From Crystal in Prosper:

Today I organized the Bledsoe lost and found and returned the labeled items to their rightful owner. I was also the recipient of 2 different 45 Acts of Kindness on behalf of Steve. Happy Birthday Steve!

***

From Rob in Frisco:

Played in a golf tournament for work today.  He bought mulligans for his entire foursome and told them about what you are doing in honor of Steve and also gave the cart girl a really big tip to brighten her day.

***

From Julianne in Frisco:

I really wanted to do something "big" today in honor of Steve, but instead we ended up with a bunch of "little" acts that hopefully brightened many people's day. I gave the young carhop at Sonic an extra big tip today when I got your drink and she was so shocked.  She got tears in her eyes and could not believe she really got to keep the change.  I also gave the cashier at Which Wich some extra money and a "Steve" note and asked him to use it to buy someone's lunch that came in after me.  I also made another trip to Sonic (for myself this time) and gave the carhop another extra tip.  I noticed that it was the same guy that Liz tipped and took a picture of so hopefully he had an extra nice day!  The girls helped me make pumpkin bars for their dance teacher and they took it to her at dance class tonight.  They said she was really surprised and happy and said she could not wait to pay it forward and do something similar for someone else.  Finally, the kids really worked hard to be kinder to each other tonight.  I had challenged them all to come up with their own acts of kindness, thinking they would want to do something out of the house, but it was really nice to see them help fix dinner for each other and go out of their way to be nice to their own sibling for once! 

***

From Lisa in Hawaii:


Made a donation to Maui Friends of the Library, which runs this bookstore behind a historic school in the middle of a sugar cane field. The volunteer thought the event to honor Steve was a great idea!

***

From Brandie in McKinney:

Dedicated the yoga class I taught tonight to Steve and told them about him.

***

From Jamie in Dallas:


My act was giving two of my yoga teachers and two fellow students their choice of post-class beverage. They all said they would pay it forward! So happy to be a part of a beautiful way to remember Steve.

***

From Tracy in Carrollton:

I celebrated a little early. Saturday morning, Nov. 2nd, I got with a group of neighbors & we all worked in another neighbor's yard who had recently been widowed. My job was to plant beautiful flowers in the big pots on her porch. She was so thankful & her yard looks beautiful.

***

From Cory:


I did my act of kindness today, and wouldn't you know it - it already came back around. Found this on my front porch tonight. Clearly, there are angels among us.

***

From Beth in Plano:
I awarded bonus points on a quiz to five randomly selected students in my evening class. Then I let them all go home early and asked them to pay it forward.

***

From Tracy in Carrollton:

This evening, my son Kegan & his roommate Ryan helped a young woman who was having car trouble & needed to get to work. We postponed dinner so that they could help her. They "jumped" her car, & made sure she knew what she needed to do next. I think they made a new friend in the process!

***

From Ashley in Frisco:

Bought girls at the office Starbucks today ;-) Also purchased very needed therapy equipment for 2 kiddos that are my patients that Medicaid does not cover.

***

From Frank in Arlington:

This afternoon on the way back from Lawton, OK, where I'd gone to meet my birth mother Betty's stepbrother (loooong story!), I stopped at the Interstate 44 tollbooth just south of Lawton. I gave the attendant $3 for my $1.50 fare and said the extra $1.50 would pay for the next vehicle to come through. I gave him the card and asked him to give it to those folks. A few minutes later, a black truck passed me, its occupants waving and smiling. What a good feeling! Happy day!

***

From Leslie in Dallas:

My sister Susan called me as I was almost ready to leave work. She asked if I'd like to come over on my way home and play a game of Scrabble with our mom, who just isn't quite herself lately. I almost said no...but guess what I was reading on Facebook when Susan called? Yep, several of Acts of Kindness. So how could I NOT go by? And of course I'm glad I went -- even though, alas, I lost the Scrabble game...by one lousy point! Thank you, Tyra and God bless.

***

From Christie in Frisco:

This morning I purchased 4 gift cards from a local resale shop and attached an Acts of Kindness card to each. I told the sales clerks to hand them out as they see fit. I get emotional doing this each year and this year was no different. 

***

From Jenni in Frisco:

I cancelled plans to help a very bummed teammate finish up a project that they had just learned needed major revisions... and would require a very long evening to meet deadline.

***

From Marti in Frisco:

Today in honor of Steve, I made a donation to MD Anderson.

***

From Michelle in Frisco:


We bought lunch for the people behind us in the Chik Fil A line (didn't think to take a pic, although I did think that I should open a Chik Fil A that serves Starbucks somewhere between the respective Main and Eldorado locations - oh my!!!), bought take out dinner for my sister across the country in MA, and bought two chickens through World Vision across the globe in the Philippines. What an impact Steve's legacy and your FABULOUS idea is having both near and far!!!

You guys are in our hearts and prayers tonight!

***

From Audra in Frisco:

Madeline and I bought a stranger a manicure and pedicure tonight at the nail salon.

***

From Kristen in Frisco:

Today I let two special ladies know how much I appreciate the kindness they show each day. I asked my children to do random acts of kindness for their friends in school. What a blessing this day has been.

***

From Roy in Abilene:

Dutch and I will be able to visit nursing homes and homebound patients and spread kindness wherever we're welcome as result of her passing her pet therapy final exam with flying colors tonight. Her brother Gipper was certified earlier this year while Dutch was recovering from hip replacement surgery.

No comments: